Someone has been tardy again... There's been a lot going on once again. There have been a few exciting things. For one, we finally got a fence and won't have to worry about our kids falling in the water behind our house anymore. We're very excited about it.
The other exciting thing was that Andy and I went to Memphis last week for my naturalization interview and English/civics/history test. It went great, although the immigration lady that did my interview was way scary-"guilty until proven innocent" was her motto, I think. The test was REALLY easy in my case, they randomly generate ten questions out of a pool of a hundred questions. Some of those are much more difficult than others, of course. One of my questions was:"Which ocean is on the west coast of the US?", another "What happened on 9/11/2001?" was another. Is there anybody out there that doesn't know those answers? Seriously. At the end of the interview the lady recommended me for citizenship and told me I'm going to get a letter letting me know when my oath ceremony is. I guess you have to be non-committal when you're the government.
The trip up to Memphis was pretty awful, though. We drove to Nashville Wednesday night and stayed at a hotel there. Our plan was to drive to Memphis in the morning, back to Nashville that night, and then back to Chattanooga in the morning. That was before we got about two or three hours of sleep Wednesday night, because Mr. Jed was not feeling it on the hotel. He was cutting teeth and had a cold, so I don't know if that was the problem or what, but he did not want to sleep. After some time he finally went to sleep but woke up two or three hours later and did not go back to sleep. That is, until we started driving. He made sure to catch up on his sleep in the car :) Andy had thrown out his back Wednesday morning so the poor guy was on muscle relaxers and thus unfit to drive. So, I had to drive all day long on two hours of sleep. I'm not sure how safe that was... We ended up being able to leave Memphis around three pm, as opposed to five or six as we were anticipating, so we decided we'd drive all the way home Thursday night. We drove almost six hundred miles that day. It was REALLY long. But I did get to eat at Pei Wei in Nashville twice. I love that place so much. Please can we have one in Chattanooga?
Then I picked up Elijah at our friends' house on Friday morning and the poor little guy was sick with a stomach bug. So, more hanging out at our house. Seems like we've been doing that all year... Elijah was better today, it looks like he's over it, but little Mr. Jed didn't look so good today. He napped for a combined 4.5 hours after sleeping 13 hours last night. He's been a trooper, though, he still played a pretty good bit, but he definitely didn't want to eat or drink anything. We're praying he'll at least drink more tomorrow. Poor little thing.
On the weather front, it looks like spring may actually be here-please, Lord! It's been nice and warm the last few days. Unfortunately we haven't been able to take advantage of it, because, of course, we've been lying on the couch.
the couches and he sometimes manages to get out behind
the fluffy chair. It sure makes him happy when he makes it out:)
was recommended for ctizenship. Blogger apparently wasn't all
that impressed with me and decided to rotate my picture for me...
and he had a blow out, so I had to get a new outfit out of the
diaper bag, and he used the opportunity to practice his driving
skills. And of course we thought it was the cutest thing ever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home